The Marin RCD works with a Technical Advisory Team primarily composed of PRBO Point Blue Conservation Science: Students & Teachers Restoring A Watershed (STRAW) project, the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), the University of California Cooperative Extension Service (UCCE), Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT) and the Point Reyes National Seashore (PRNS).
As a multi-agency team, we combine and coordinate our respective capabilities, roles and funding to implement a program to conserve the natural resources of Marin. UCCE’s expertise provides localized water quality and restoration project monitoring and research information while NRCS contributes rangeland management counsel, Farm Bill matching fund contributions and construction coordination. STRAW partners focus on environmental education in the schools, native plant revegetation and project maintenance. PRNS staff provides hydrology, biology and match funding contributions. The MRCD often expands its expertise, when necessary, by hiring engineers, ornithologists, construction contractors and draws upon the expertise of grant contributors whenever possible.
The MRCD receives annual funding from a County General Fund appropriation by the Marin County Board of Supervisors. Approximately 90% of MRCD’s funding comes from competitively sought government grants from local, state, and federal regulatory agencies. The MRCD also receives funds from local foundations and other private sources.
Sita Mulligan, a dear friend of the Marin RCD, bequeathed her remaining paintings and all of the rights of reproduction. The paintings are on display at the Marin RCD’s office. Prints are for sale to benefit habitat conservation and restoration.
The Rubber Boot Fund Supports Marin RCD outreach and education. If you are interested in donating, please contact the MRCD.
We greatly appreciate and would like to acknowledge the following agencies and organizations that have funded landowners and agricultural producers with land stewardship and watershed enhancement through our programs:
- 11th Hour Foundation
- Alameda County RCD www.acrcd.org
- AmeriCorps www.americorps.org
- California Association of Resource Conservation Districts www.carcd.org
- California Department of Conservation www.consrv.ca.gov
- California Department of Fish and Game www.dfg.ca.gov
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection www.fire.ca.gov
- California Department of Parks and Recreation www.parks.ca.gov
- California Department of Transportation www.dot.ca.gov
- California Department of Water Resources
- California State Coastal Conservancy http://www.scc.ca.gov
- California Wildlife Conservation Board www.wcb.ca.gov
- County of Marin http://www.co.marin.ca.us
- David L. Klein Foundation
- Inverness Foundation
- Marin Agricultural Land Trust http://www.malt.org
- Marin Carbon Project www.marincarbonproject.org
- Marin Community Foundation http://www.marincf.org
- Marin Municipal Water District www.marinwater.org
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation www.nfwf.org
- North Bay Watershed Association
- North Marin Water District www.nmwd.com
- Point Reyes Bird Observatory Conservation Science & the Students and Teachers Restoring a Watershed Project http://www.prbo.org
- Rathmann Family Foundation
- San Francisco Foundation www.sff.org
- The Seed Fund
- Sonoma RCD www.sonomarcd.org
- State Water Resources Control Board & San Francisco Regional Water Quality Control Board http://www.swrcb.ca.gov
- Sustainable Conservation http://www.suscon.org
- University of California Cooperative Extension Service – Marin http://cemarin.ucdavis.edu
- US Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service http://www.nrcs.usda.gov
- US Environmental Protection Agency www.epa.gov
- US Fish and Wildlife Service – Partners for Fish and Wildlife Program www.fws.gov/partners
- The Dean Witter Foundation www.deanwitterfoundation.org